School Council 2018/2019
This years School Council coming soon!!
Our School Council
- So that adults don't make all of the decisions in school.
- So that the children have a say in what happens in school.
- So that every child has a chance to have their say.
- To make the school a better place.
- To raise money for good causes.
- To listen and to share ideas.
Membership is made up of 14 pupils (one boy and one girl from each class and two Year 6 mentors for Reception Class).
Pupils putting themselves forward for nomination produce, then the children write a election speech/manifesto to read to their class. Then are elected by the way of a class vote.
- Council Members - attend meetings, take part in council discussions and feedback to their classes.
- Officers - lead meetings, ensure all members are heard, take minutes and deliver minutes to members.
- Staff - organise date and times of meeting, oversee meetings and liaise between school council and teaching staff.
Meeting are held once a month, in the Year 4 classroom. There must be a minimum of eight members in attendance for the council to make a decision about spending money. Decisions will be made by majority vote.