Our School Council
- So that adults don't make all of the decisions in school.
- So that the children have a say in what happens in school.
- So that every child has a chance to have their say.
- To make the school a better place.
- To raise money for good causes.
- To listen and to share ideas.
Membership is made up of twelve pupils (one boy and one girl from each class).
Pupils putting themselves forward for nomination produce, then the children write a election speech/manifesto to read to their class. Then are elected by the way of a class vote.
- Council Members - attend meetings, take part in council discussions and feedback to their classes.
- Officers - lead meetings, ensure all members are heard, take minutes and deliver minutes to members.
- Staff - organise date and times of meeting, oversee meetings and liaise between school council and teaching staff.
Meeting are held once a month, in the Year 2 classroom. There must be a minimum of eight members in attendance for the council to make a decision about spending money. Decisions will be made by majority vote.
Wednesday 16th November
Wednesday 23rd November
Monday 12th December
Wednesday 11th January
Wednesday 8th February
Wednesday 8th March
Wednesday 10th May
Wednesday 7th June